Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EDM 56 - Draw a Self Portrait


As much as I hate to admit it, this pretty well looks like what I look like right now.  I would have loved to draw me young, svelte, and beautiful, however, that would have been an illusion at best and a lie at worse.

One of the inevitable things in life is that we age, and our bodies change as we age. Some people age better than others. Me, I look younger than my age, but I certainly look matronly now. I joke that I look like a Portuguese mother now. Of course, I am a Portuguese mother!

The colour red goes beautifully with my olive skin tone. It is a colour I enjoy wearing.

The background is organized chaos. That is more or less what my mind and life is like: organized chaos, with little dangler bits to grab a hold of, now and again.

Generally speaking, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that you are a very lovely woman. You need to see yourself in the light that your loved ones see you in(ok maybe not your teenage children if you have any),all the ways you impact those around you. I am a 44 year old mom of 6 who is quite plump and I couldn't really care less. It's so doesn't define me and I wish I could give that gift to others. Stress is a killer so love yourself for all your good and not so great. You're creative and intelligent. That's your gift to others, not your shape.

    ReplyDelete