Thursday, December 29, 2011

On the Road Again


October 14, 2011

My terrible scribble says "Driving home from Cambridge where we went to Phidon Pens again. (I picked up black ink and a new Lamy)".  This was quickly sketched along the miles and miles (or in our case, the kilometres and kilometres) of our drive home. As soon as I started to draw, I realized I was not in the mood to draw so I scribbled this quickly and then went to sleep.

You can see the next page bleed through this. Ugh. I added the colour digitally with picnik.com effects.

Anthony and I had gone to Phidon Pens in Cambridge, Ontario to pick up a new nib for Anthony's pen. While there I picked up some black ink because I was not thrilled with the blue-black I had been using. I also picked up an extra-fine point Lamy pen for myself.  We took advantage of being there and picked up a Sailor Music Pen for our son as a Christmas gift.

It is always a pleasure to go to Phidon Pens and seeing Mano. She is interesting and pleasant. The shop is small but well equipped and full of delightful treasures.  It is such a treat for us to go to Cambridge and to Phidon Pens shop.

Phidon Pens Limited
63 Dickson Street
Cambridge, Ontario N1R 7A5
Canada
Tel. : 519 624 8787
Fax : 519 624 2044
Email : phidonpens@bellnet.ca



After we got back to London (Ontario) we picked up our son and went to Smoke 'n Bones for lunch. I quickly sketched our son with my new Lamy. I also scribbled the Smoke 'n Bones logo.

We had a lovely, rare, lunch together.

All-in-all, it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment