Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beverage Receptacles

Beverage Receptacles - Left: Drinking Glass; Right: My Favourite Mug - Ink and Watercolour by Ana Tirolese ©2012
Left: Drinking Glass; Right: My Favourite Mug
Ink and Watercolour
Recently I saw someone draw some mugs with bold coloured backgrounds. I don't remember where I saw this or who did it. However, I liked it. So, I thought I would try it too.

The image on the left is of our son,s empty drinking glass. He had diet cola in it. There are still some ice in it that has not melted and there is a straw. I am looking at the glass from a slightly lower perspective. Yes, I felt a tiny bit silly drawing this practically lying on the table (okay, with my head down like I were going to take a nap in school). our son is used to me and he claims I do not embarrass him. 

The drawing on the right is of my favourite mug. My husband brought this mug for me. He purchased it at the Museum of Civilization. It has an image on it from one of my favourite artists: Alex Colville. I have illustrated this mug twice before. I drink my morning coffee in it. 

Other posts with this mug in it:

2 comments:

  1. They are both good. I really like your glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. I am quite fond of that glass too. :)

      Delete