|Pen and Ink|
The above is a bean and beef burrito with lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
Here is a recipe for my favourite Black Bean Burritos (follow the link for the Allrecipes Site).
Black Bean Burritos
Easy and delicious vegetarian meal. Garnish with Salsa, Lettuce, Scallions, Tomatoes, and Sour Cream.
1 can Black Beans
1 cup Onions, chopped
1/2 cup Dry white wine
2 tsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Cumin, ground
1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
1/4 cup Orange juice
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
To taste Salt
Green Onions, chopped
Cilantro, chopped (or dried)
6 Flour Tortillas
- In a pot, braise the onions in 1/2 cup white wine with the garlic, cumin, and black pepper.
- Add the black beans with 1/4 cup of bean liquid to the onions and stir
- Add the orange juice and cayenne to the beans
- Then ad the salt to taste
- To assemble the burrito, place about 1/2 cup of the black beans, and 1/4 cup of the salsa in the centre of the tortilla. Fold the opposite ends of the tortilla inward and roll. You can also add some chopped lettuce, onions, tomatoes, or cilantro before rolling the tortilla.
- Ladle some salsa over the tortilla.