Sunday, July 22, 2012

Every Day Matters #5 - Draw Your Bed


EDM 5 - Draw your bed. Pen and Ink with Digital colour by Ana Tirolese ©2012
My Bed
Pen and Ink with Digital Colour
EDM 5 - Draw your bed. Original Pen and Ink by Ana Tirolese ©2012
My Bed
Original Pen and Ink Rendering
I did the Draw Your Bed challenge back in January 2012, however, I have started doing the EDM Challenges from scratch and felt like drawing my bed again. You can see a difference in the drawings by comparing the two. The first rendering I was showing off the features of the bed. In this one, it is far more relaxed and shows the bed in our bedroom.

The bed had been made in the morning, but I did not draw this until after my husband's afternoon nap. I considered remaking the bed before drawing it, but I thought this would be more real -- more "in the moment".

Our bed is quite comfortable and, in my opinion, attractive. It is a Euro-style sleigh bed (the foot board is low -- see original post). It is part of the Fontaine Collection of furniture made in Durham, Ontario, Canada.

Our bedroom is quiet and peaceful.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Shalini!

      For many years we had just a plain, boring, bedroom. It made my husband sad. So, we finally decided to go get the bedroom of our dreams [no pun intended] when we had enough saved up for it. We love our bedroom. It is the nicest room in our home.

      Delete